Several of us are just finishing "an experiment": Email Bible Study!
It was so well received and enjoyed that we are following it with another
and would like to invite you all to join us.
The study is on the 12 disciples:
How and why Jesus chose them, and as much as we can find on each disciple.
The study will be June 22 through August 31.
PLEASE call or Email Judy Distin if you want information about joining the study!
Email <firstname.lastname@example.org> or phone (863) 471-3883.
Time: 9:00 - 10:30 am
Where: Covenant Life Center
Facilitated by Brook Breed
If you are interested in attending, please contact Brook Breed, in the Church Office at 385-3234 or email her at email@example.com.
It’s amazing how heavy the weight of emptiness can feel, how much room it can take up in our souls, how much pain can be caused by something that isn’t even there. But while we may see the emptiness of our lives as our greatest problem, that’s not how God sees it. When God looks into the empty places of our lives, He sees His greatest opportunity. God does His best work in the emptiness of our . . .
• Insatiable craving for things that don’t satisfy
• Relational disappointments and loneliness
• Frustrated search for purpose and meaning
• Relentless desire for comfort and security
• Ongoing struggle to live with loss and unfulfilled dreams
Join Nancy Guthrie in discovering why emptiness has never been, and never will be, a problem to God. As Nancy pulls back the curtain on God’s work to fill up emptiness as revealed throughout the Bible, you’ll experience page after page of grace and hope that your emptiness can and will be filled. You’ll begin to see that God really does do His best work with empty—as he fills it with Himself.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. A Strong Craving: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Provision
2. A Tent at the Center: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Presence
3. A Desperate Need: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Grace
4. A Royal Table: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Kindness
5. An Unquenchable Thirst: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Life
6. A Vanishing Breath: God Fills Our Emptiness with Meaning
7. A Trembling Trust: God Fills Our Emptiness with Faith
8. A Hidden Treasure: God Fills Our Emptiness with Joy
Conclusion: A Prayer for Filling