Our Email Bible study of Jesus’ disciples, “Twelve Ordinary Men” is drawing to a close.
We have followed these ordinary men through their time with Jesus and learned a little about their lives after Jesus' Ascension. But what did they really accomplish? We find that in The Acts of the Apostles. So, after a break for the month of September, we will begin a study on the book of Acts on October 5, 2020. (Since we will be studying a book of the Bible, that will be the only text you will need.)
Due to the continued rise in Covid-19 cases, we will not be meeting on Monday evenings this fall. Please plan to continue in our Email Adventure with The 12 as we prepare to study The Acts of the Apostles.
PLEASE call or Email Judy Distin if you want information about joining the study!
Email <email@example.com> or phone (863) 471-3883.
Time: 9:00 - 10:30 am
Where: Covenant Life Center
Facilitated by Brook Breed
If you are interested in attending, please contact Brook Breed, in the Church Office at 385-3234 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s amazing how heavy the weight of emptiness can feel, how much room it can take up in our souls, how much pain can be caused by something that isn’t even there. But while we may see the emptiness of our lives as our greatest problem, that’s not how God sees it. When God looks into the empty places of our lives, He sees His greatest opportunity. God does His best work in the emptiness of our . . .
• Insatiable craving for things that don’t satisfy
• Relational disappointments and loneliness
• Frustrated search for purpose and meaning
• Relentless desire for comfort and security
• Ongoing struggle to live with loss and unfulfilled dreams
Join Nancy Guthrie in discovering why emptiness has never been, and never will be, a problem to God. As Nancy pulls back the curtain on God’s work to fill up emptiness as revealed throughout the Bible, you’ll experience page after page of grace and hope that your emptiness can and will be filled. You’ll begin to see that God really does do His best work with empty—as he fills it with Himself.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. A Strong Craving: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Provision
2. A Tent at the Center: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Presence
3. A Desperate Need: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Grace
4. A Royal Table: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Kindness
5. An Unquenchable Thirst: God Fills Our Emptiness with His Life
6. A Vanishing Breath: God Fills Our Emptiness with Meaning
7. A Trembling Trust: God Fills Our Emptiness with Faith
8. A Hidden Treasure: God Fills Our Emptiness with Joy
Conclusion: A Prayer for Filling